Who we didn't endorse: Jutha and Kaminer, Fox and Mafe

Why not Adam Jutha and Sarah Kaminer for senior class presidents

Adam Jutha and Sarah Kaminer are both excited and energetic, and they have some impressive new ideas, which we hope the winner will take into account.

But their lofty goals for service initiatives aren’t feasible, and this lack of feasibility creates another set of concerns about accountability. We expect the senior class presidents to deliver on the promises they make, and we’re worried Jutha and Kaminer promise too much.

They do, however, bring a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences: Jutha is an international student, and Kaminer is from Asheville. And their relationship seems to be founded on a mutual and sincere love of UNC. If they are not elected, they will surely still exert a positive impact on this University during their final year here.

Why not Brennan Fox and Sarah Mafe for senior class presidents

Though Fox and Mafe have some interesting ideas and are enthusiastic both about this race and about UNC, they were unclear about some of the duties of the senior class presidents. Most notably, neither of them seemed to have seriously considered the task of delivering a commencement address, arguably the most important duty a senior class president performs.