Quickhits for March 1, 2012

@KButter5

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

We’re still trying to nominate Kendall Marshall for some sort of Twitter Grammy, but in the meantime, we suppose his latest accolade will do: most assists by a UNC player in a single season. Dope.

Making shots and A’s

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

It was a big night for Tyler Zeller, too. He set a Smith Center record for most made free-throws in a game, a record previously held by another Tyler. He was also named an academic All-American. No big deal.

T-Swift-bow

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Taylor Swift and Tim Tebow, America’s two favorite T-themed celebrities, were spotted dining together Monday. If it’s love, one thing is for sure: a Tebow break-up song is somewhere on the horizon.

Championship tree

On the one hand, we’re sad to see the landmark go. It was always a good conversation starter when awkward relatives visited. On the other hand, it was pretty ugly, and apparently it was rotting. Gross.

No more Pizza & Pasta

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Franklin Street Pizza & Pasta, a Chapel Hill institution that’s almost as old as most UNC students, is no more. But don’t despair, carboholics. Another pizza place called Tomato Jake’s is moving in.

Leap year Spring Break

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

If we didn’t have this stupid extra day in February, we’d be one day closer to Spring Break! Well, not really, but we’ll jump at any opportunity to rationalize skipping town early. Sorry, midterms.