All Up In Your Business, Oct. 3

Pizza Vito

Chapel Hill just can’t get enough of New York-style pizza.
Pizza Vito, located at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road, opened three months ago and is serving up Italian-style food to hungry college students.

Laura Veira, a manager at Pizza Vito said the owner decided to open a franchise of the restaurant in Chapel Hill because it is an up and coming area.

She said she isn’t concerned about competition from other local pizzerias.

“Our pizza speaks for itself,” said Veira.

In addition to New-York themed pizzas such as the Bronx Bomber and East Side — the restaurant also offers an extensive hero and salad menu.

The restaurant’s balding, Italian cartoon mascot is based on the owner, Vito DiBartolo, who has opened and managed pizzerias in both America and his home country, Italy.

Catchafire

Catchafire wants to be the Match.com of social enterprises and non-profits.

Catchafire, named after Bob Marley’s 1973 album, has partnered with several Orange County non-profits to help connect them with skilled professionals willing to donate their time. The Orange County branch had its launch party Sept. 11.

Adrienne Schmoeker, a Catchafire manager, said Catchafire aims to celebrate the work these groups are already doing while providing them with resources to support their visions.

“The national organization acts as a sort of Match.com to pair up local, charitable groups with skilled professionals willing to donate time and skills to guide them in completing projects,” Schmoeker said.

She said 13 organizations were chosen to be founding members after input from community leaders.

The founding members include the Campus Y, A Ban Against Neglect, Kidzu Children’s Museum and Sacrificial Poets.

“We are excited to add value to the community as well as the professional community,” Schmoeker said.

Underground Printing

From traditional UNC sportswear to crop tops, Underground Printing has a way for everyone to express school spirit.

Underground Printing, at 133 E. Franklin St., is occupying the former location of Chapel Hill Sportswear, which moved down the street. Underground Printing had its grand opening Sept. 20. The Chapel Hill store is the company’s first in North Carolina.
Store Manager Elizabeth Flake said Underground Printing’s apparel is a “fashion-forward” and edgy way for students to express their school spirit.

While they do sell traditional UNC gear, Flake said Underground Printing also markets products, such as neon crop tops printed with University logos.

The store offers custom apparel, screenprinting and embroidery. The company also offers discounts to University groups.

Flake said the business was drawn to Chapel Hill because UNC students love to wear game day apparel.

Underground Printing was founded in 2001 by childhood friends Ryan Gregg and Rishi Narayan.

While attending the University of Michigan, they started screenprinting out of a barn in Ann Arbor, Mich.

Contact the desk editor at city@dailytarheel.com.