Tech, wrecked

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

The Tar Heels beat Virginia Tech Saturday in a 48-34 shootout at Kenan Stadium. In order to help the Heels to victory, many students took part in a “White-Out.” Hearsay is that after the game, many students also took part in a “Black-Out,” but that’s really more losing than winning.

Kampala or bust

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

All week in the Pit, students have been riding stationary bicycles as part of “Bike To Uganda” to fund school construction there. They had a similar program over at N.C. State, but everyone got frustrated and quit when they were informed that you couldn’t actually bike to Africa.

Rubber meets road

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

A new Chapel Hill company called Munching Monkey is now offering “extremely fast” delivery on a variety of items, including condoms. We’re totally pro-safe sex, so this is great. It’s also probably the first time that the idea of “20 minutes or less” has actually improved sex.

A heartbeat away…

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Vice President Joe Biden will square off today against GOP Veep nominee Paul Ryan in a national debate. It’s got something for everyone. Policy issues for political junkies. Paul Ryan for lovers of eye candy. And Joe Biden for anyone who enjoys watching the mentally unhinged.

Making a State-ment

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

State somehow managed to get it together Saturday night and upset heavily favored Florida State in a last minute comeback in Raleigh, spoiling any ACC national championship hopes. While that sucks, at least it’ll make our inevitable victory over State even sweeter.

Jack Sprat goes splat

Jack Sprat closed permanently on Monday, and the space will now be occupied by “Top This! Roast Beef, Burgers and More.” Roast beef seems like an awfully specific food to base a restaurant on, but alright. Also, calling your restaurant “Top This?” Why you gotta be so confrontational?!