Ladies’ night

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

In every election, there are winners and losers. Among the winners this election were women in all walks of life. There are more women in the Senate than ever before. Richard “Rape is a gift from God” Mourdock lost his race. And, Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin was legitimately defeated by a legitimate woman.

Prop 420

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Voters in Colorado and Washington voted to legalize recreational marijuana. This is great for pretty much everyone involved, but no one was shrewder about the new law then Peyton Manning, who bought up 21 Papa John’s franchises in the Denver area just before the election. Something tells me he’ll do alright.

Sweet, sweet quiet

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Election season is finally over! You’ll no longer be bugged by people asking when you are voting, who you are voting for, what pen you’re voting with, what shoes you’re planning on voting in …and so on. All that pestering can really turn people off of a cause. Looking at you, Dance Marathon.

Tip-off

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

With all the election hullabaloo we almost forgot that UNC basketball kicks its season off Friday against Gardner-Webb in the Smith Center. Sure, expectations aren’t quite as high as they were last season. But at the end of the day, Tar Heel basketball is still Tar Heel basketball. And that’s fantastic. TAR!

Cole cut platter

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

J. Cole’s gone, right? So, can we talk about those contract requests of his? 100 mild or lemon-pepper wings? Five POUNDS of seasoned turkey meat with a cheese and veggie platter? A Jacuzzi filled with Skittles and Almond Joys? OK, that last one’s made up, but it would totally fit in with his other absurd demands.

¡Bienvenidos!

Puerto Rican voters passed a referendum saying they would prefer a change in relationship with the United States, with the majority favoring a petition for statehood. While this is cool and exciting, it also caused a disappointingly large number of Americans to wonder aloud, “Wait, Puerto Rico is part of America?”