All Up In Your Business, Jan. 15

Carolina Brewery has doubled the number of beers they have. Top This is opening on Monday. Pita Pit is celebrating 10 years on Franklin Street.

Carolina Brewery adds more brews

Carolina Brewery is switching things up in the new year with a new line of small batch beers, made on site at the Brewery.

Almost two weeks ago, the Brewery debuted its line of craft beers — which includes new recipes along with old favorites — bringing the total to 12. New recipes include the fruity, brown Alter Ego Altbier, the bitter Franklin Street Lager, and the dark, malty Funky Monk Ale.

Ron Snyder Jr., a manager at Carolina Brewery, said the restaurant will be rotating taps as each batch runs out, offering new beer options in the coming weeks.

The new options have been unbelievably popular thus far, Snyder said.
“We’re giving (customers) something more to look forward to,” he said.
The new beers are sold in pints, pitchers, growlers and kegs.

Top This! to open this week

Top This! Roast Beef, Burgers & More, a restaurant taking the place of Jack Sprat Cafe, will open its doors at 161 E. Franklin St. this week.

Tom Scheidler, one of the owners of the new restaurant, said he hopes to have a soft opening for Top This! on Wednesday — without heavy advertising or promotional deals.

“We want to make sure the execution is proper,” Scheidler said.

He said the restaurant’s prices for its portions are always a deal.

Scheidler said all of the products the restaurant uses are fresh — including about 20 toppings, dressings and sauces, all-certified Angus beef products and four types of specially chosen buns.

“I’ve spent three years working on the concept,” Scheidler said.

Pita Pit celebrates 10 years

Pita Pit is celebrating its 10-year anniversary on Franklin Street this week with special promotions.

Owner Josh Sanders, who bought Pita Pit in October, said the restaurant is an important landmark because many businesses on Franklin Street don’t make it to 10 years.

“We owe almost everything to the community,” he said. “We’re very appreciative.”

He said Pita Pit will have promotional deals all week — including $2 pitas on Tuesday, half-off pitas on Wednesday and a drawing on Friday that will award one customer with free pitas for life.

Sanders said Pita Pit is a healthy late-night dining choice and a great alternative to buffalo wings or greasy French fries.

The restaurant’s Resolution Solution offerings include items with as few as 280 calories, Sanders said.

Pita Pit is open until 3 a.m. every night of the week.