Participate in day of student philanthropy

On Feb. 28, UNC will join nearly 70 educational institutions worldwide to participate in the first-ever Student Engagement and Philanthropy Day.

The initiative, organized by CASE Affiliated Student Advancement Programs (CASE ASAP), is designed to increase student understanding of philanthropy and grow engagement on campuses.

Institutions from the U.S., England, Canada, Australia and other countries will participate in the event through various activities, including “thank-a-thons,” daylong social media campaigns and student video interviews on what giving means to them.

The Heelraisers Council will host a student engagement day, coined Carolina Pride Day, on campus to promote the importance of philanthropy and the pivotal role students play in the act of supporting the University.

It will be hosted in conjunction with the senior marshals. Students, faculty and staff will be encouraged to wear Carolina gear in preparation for the inaugural Carolina–Duke Senior Campaign Challenge that will end the following Friday.

CASE ASAP provides programming, services and resources in advancement, including fundraising and alumni relations, for students and advisers at student alumni associations, student foundations and similar organizations at colleges and universities that are members of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.

Student Engagement and Philanthropy Day is part of CASE ASAP’s goal to foster and enhance student involvement in all areas of advancement — including fundraising, alumni relations, communications and marketing.

Connor Sullivan ’13
Business administration