Pat W. McCrory

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

At a meeting of the National Governors Association last week, Gov. Pat McCrory paid a compliment to Gov. Padilla of Puerto Rico, remarking as to what a great country Puerto Rico is. Perhaps the governor could benefit from some geography classes at UNC. But I guess his butt already has a job, so no need for learning!

Wipeout.

This week d00k announced it will be switching from one-ply to two-ply toilet paper in its restrooms. Effete Duke butts apparently just cannot abide by the common man’s one-ply toilet tissue and needed replacement. Guess two-ply toilet paper must be cheaper than copies of the Duke Chronicle.

120 years young

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

It was the DTH’s birthday Saturday! If you missed the excellent front page retrospective, UNC’s single most daily publication turned 120. In that 120 years, we’ve learned a lot, including how to spend 8 hours a day in the newsroom and still pass classes. Still working on how to do that without eating like a starved hog.

Primavera

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Spring break is so close you can practically taste the bad margaritas and worse decision-making. But everyone goes to the same played-out spring break locales every year. Well, except for the alternative spring break people who go to Honduras for a week and pretend to be trained civil engineers.

Flower power

CVS announced this week that it will be changing its development plans for the new store it intends to build a few hundred feet from the current CVS in Carrboro. It’s not clear whether this is in reaction to protests from Carrboro residents that took the form of “guerilla gardening,” which is the most Carrboro thing ever.

The REAL Carolina

UNC’s 2013 football schedule this week includes a number of notable games, including a season opener against South Carolina in Columbia. So after starting out 0-1, it’ll be interesting to see whether UNC wins 8 games this year or 7. The Tar Heels are nothing if not consistently meh.