I consider myself a highly competitive individual, especially at games I know I’m good at. In the past, I may or may not have threatened the lives of both my brothers while playing Mario Kart — but it was justified, they totally cheat.

Growing up, the three of us constantly went head-to-head, competing in sports, school work and video games. At one point in particular, we were obsessed with playing pool. Our uncle had a table in his basement and we would spend hours hanging out playing game after game. Over time, I became quite the pool shark.

So being the competitive, overconfident man that I happen to be, I searched Chapel Hill for the prime location to best my foes — I mean friends — in a civil game of billiards.

Lucky for me, I stumbled upon Zog’s Pool Hall and Bar, located just above Rec Room on Henderson Street. Unlike your typical musclehead biker joint you may find in the middle of Arizona, Zog’s is an eclectic take on the pool hall concept.

While climbing the steps up into the main foyer, customers see an incredible collection of wall decor, green hanging lights creating a faded glow and, of course, beautiful felt pool tables.

The bar as a whole is a tribute to local artists. They host arts and craft nights where customers can come drink and make art for fun. Almost every ceiling tile is hand painted with its own unique design and each night you’ll find an array of artistic masterpieces displayed throughout the bar. From far away it kind of looks like an episode of Hoarders, but up close most of the pieces are professional quality and extremely creative. Each work of art also has a price tag on it in case you’re interested in purchasing something — every room can use a little extra of The Learning Channel.

In addition to fun and flare, Zog’s also has one of the most elaborate drink menus I have ever seen. Ask the bartender to see their list of “dranx,” and he will hand you a multi-page bible of beverages that rivals even the Cheesecake Factory’s coveted book of wonder.

If you’re in the mood for something out of the ordinary, I’d highly recommend the “Arnold Schwarzenpalmer.” It’s a tart orange and tea vodka mixture that tastes like heaven on earth. Looking for something more comfortable? Then try the “VooDoo Punch” — a sweet and strong take on your everyday gin bucket.

If you hurry and get to Zog’s before its “feliz navizogs” winter drink specials are gone, you may even get a chance to try their mind-blowing “unfuckwithable butterscotch cider.” This made-from-scratch take on heavy apple cider is an explosion in your mouth.

Sunday nights are the best time to go — they offer free pool all night and $2 off their entire martini menu. Now that you have the perfect location, all that is left is to round up your victims, stop by Zog’s and demonstrate how a true pool wizard controls the table.