?Letter: Student Supreme Court needs help

For two years, I served as co-chairman of the Executive Branch Public Safety Committee. The committee accomplished a lot in my time there.

We were able to accomplish these things because students, faculty and administrators at UNC believe in student government. One of many reasons why the UNC community has faith in student government is that they know we hold ourselves accountable, through the Instrument of Student Judicial Governance. The Student Supreme Court is charged with ensuring that the code is followed. I hope to ensure that future leaders in student government enjoy the same faith from students, faculty and administrators that I do.

To do that, I, and the rest of the Justices, need help from a talented court staff. We are currently accepting applications for Clerk, Marshal and Student Legal Officer. These positions are vital to ensuring the integrity of Student Government is upheld. Applications are due Sept. 19 and can be found, along with descriptions of each position, online at studentsupremecourt.web.unc.edu. I hope you’ll consider joining us in upholding the values of student government.

South Moore ’15

Chief Justice

Student Supreme Court