Quick Hits for Feb. 18, 2016

Wild West

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Stop making us feel guilty for liking you, Kanye West. We want to listen to your music, but whenever you go on a sexist rant — as you often do — we have a hard time reconciling our love. To quote your  new song, “we miss the sweet Kanye.” So please, allow us to just enjoy The Life of Pablo without guilt.  

DTH awards

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Kendrick Lamar gets our best album of the year. Actual good music has played second fiddle for too long. If the Grammys will not give him the credit he deserves, then we will. Last year, his album lost best rap album to f*cking Macklemore. Kendrick, if you are reading this, know you are first in our hearts.

Go back to school

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

North Carolina public education received an “F” for not valuing education enough. Dear people in charge of our public schools, get it together. You are embarrassing us in front of the other states. We love our schools and teachers. They are not the problem — you are. So get to work and do your jobs better.  

Rise up

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

We usually do not give Duke a thumbs up, but its non-tenured track professors are trying to unionize. No amount of school pride can overcome our love for workers uniting. We support you, comrades. This “right-to-work-state” cannot stop us now. Remember, you have nothing to lose but your chains. 

Evil corporations

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Do you all remember the ACME Corporation from Looney Toons? That evil company that was literally behind every dastardly deed? It kind of reminds us of Aramark, the company providing all our food on campus. They both play behind the scenes, but also avidly try to ruin the lives of thousands of people. 

Court in recess

Justice Antonin Scalia died last week and while we feel bad he died, he was a terrible justice. He was homophobic and hurt people on almost every decision he made. Let’s just hope we get a new justice who can accept that archaic ideas about marriage are wrong and should not be used as legal precedent.