Letter: ​Abortion protesters spoke false narratives

On a routine walk to campus to study, I wound up almost throwing up on a middle aged man calling anyone who has had an abortion an “Atheist,” even though 27 percent of abortions are performed on women who identify as Catholic.

Let’s make this the last time they can show their faces on this campus. Students are warning other students to turn around before accidentally walking into this political propaganda.

This group is a for-profit company protected by lawyers, and slinging offensive terminology at unsuspecting students on their way to class. Even the grass they stand on is protected by law, and ironically no women supported their cause, only white middle-aged men. This quad is the busiest part of campus, and students must take a longer route to center campus in order to avoid throwing up their lunch and questioning their existence.

This display, comparing abortion to genocide also likely offends the large international student body we house in our student body, some of which are first generation Americans whose families have been affected by actual genocide, such as Nazi Germany, Afghanistan, Rwanda, Haiti, etc.

In addition to this, the company offers on-lookers to take a look at the “medical textbook” that their claims come from, which was found to be both biased and unreliable, as well as uncirculated in most accredited universities.

Sarah L. Watson

Senior

Management and society