Letter: ​Come support kids at upcoming event

Carolina Union Activities Board, Phi Mu, Chi Psi and Sigma Phi Epsilon are hosting Bonnamu by the Bell, an outdoor musical festival at the Bell Tower Amphitheater on Saturday, April 9, 2016. The event will take place from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. There will be seven bands, two DJs, four food trucks, games and other activities! The money raised from the event will be donated to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Phi Mu’s national philanthropy. 

Bands will perform for 30 to 40 minutes and intermissions will be filled by performances from local DJs. Some of the bands include Time Sawyer, an electric folk/rock band from Charlotte, and Episode, an indie rock band based out of New York City. 

The groups also hope to see families from UNC Children’s Hospital and Duke Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in attendance. Tickets to the event are $5 and can be purchased in the Pit leading up to the event. 

Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals raise money for 170 children’s hospitals across the United States. For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/732048883590303/ or email Wesley Smith at smithwg@live.unc.edu.

Travis Broadhurst

Sophomore

Geophysics