Matthew McKnight and Elizabeth Adkins gain enough signatures to be on the ballot

UPDATE (9:50 p.m. Friday): Maurice Grier gained enough signatures during the 24-hour grace period to be on the ballot for student body president. Travis Broadhurst did not receive enough signatures to be on the ballot.

Elizabeth Adkins and Matthew McKnight received enough signatures by the 5 p.m. deadline on Thursday, but McKnight has since been disqualified.

UPDATE (10:45 p.m. Thursday): Broadhurst and Grier both said they plan to use the grace period to gather more signatures. 

Broadhurst said the grace period is giving his campaign more time to talk with students.

“Anybody who really wants the chance to consider themselves for the position should definitely take advantage of this time,” Broadhurst said.

Grier said he is also using the grace period to gather more signatures.

“My focus is mainly trying to get on the ballot,” Grier said.

UPDATE (9:15 p.m. Thursday): Elizabeth Adkins has gained enough signatures to be on the ballot. 

A technical error by the UNC Board of Elections originally said she did not have enough.

8:33 p.m.: Matthew McKnight is currently the only candidate with enough signatures to be on the ballot for student body president elections. 

Travis Broadhurst and Maurice Grier are the student body presidential candidates who need to collect more signatures to be on the ballot. They have a 24-hour grace period, until Friday at 5 p.m., to collect their remaining signatures. 

Sammie Espada has dropped out of the race.