Festival season is still going and we are here for it

36795_yir_hopscotchf.jpg
Amelia Meath of Sylvan Esso performs at Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh last September.

While summer might be festival season in terms of ~bohemian~ clothing trends, September is the Triangle’s month for listening to live music.

For future festival-goers, here are all of the festivals that will be happening this month. They feature a variety of artists, so even the most obscure of music tastes will be pleased with these line-ups.

Hopscotch Music Festival

Sept. 7-10

General admission wristband $199

Hopscotch is North Carolina’s largest music festival, bringing artists from the state and around the world to Raleigh.

The four-day festival features 120 bands playing a variety of venues, ranging from the Red Hat Amphitheater to local clubs like Kings and Deep South The Bar.

Solange is headlining, along with Run The Jewels, Future Islands and Big Boi.

North Carolina artists Angel Olsen, Rapsody, Mount Moriah and Museum Mouth will also be performing.

If you want a break from the tunes, Hopscotch is hosting their first Lenoir Street Party complete with an ice cream competition. 

Apex Music Festival

Sept. 16

General admission $10

The Apex Music Festival features multiple bands from in and around the Triangle in addition to touring acts. 

If you’re a legal fan of adult beverages, this festival is for you.

The main stage doubles as a beer and wine garden, but unfortunately, only those 21 and over can get into the main stage area.

But fear not! There will also be bands playing in local and outdoor venues along Apex’s Salem Street.

There will also be a variety of food vendors, like Mac-Ur-Roni and Oak City Fish and Chips.

Carrboro Music Festival

Sept. 23 and 24

Free

As the most local of September festivals, the Carrboro Music Festival is celebrating their 20th year with around 190 bands in venues across Carrboro.

There is music for everyone at this festival. Whether you’re a fan of Grateful Dead covers, traditional Scandinavian music or power art glam pop, the Carrboro Music Festival will have an artist you’ll like.

Sylvan Esso & Friends

Sept. 30

General admission $40

Durham-based band Sylvan Esso will be hosting their own festival at Shakori Hills Community Arts Center in Pittsboro.

During the live portion of the festival, artists Helado Negro, Wye Oak and tUnE-yArDs will be performing in addition to Sylvan Esso.

There will also be an after-party featuring DJ sets by Well$, DJ Playplay, Oak City Slums and Dante High.

If you would like to camp, camping spots are available to purchase for $15.

@karynhbrown