Beer and dogs will be found at Dingo Dog Brewery taproom

For dog and beer lovers, exciting progress is underway — Dingo Dog Brewing Company has announced they are one step closer to opening a taproom in Carrboro.

In the summer of 2017, the nonprofit company raised $30,881 with hopes to gather more proceeds for local no-kill animal shelters and increase their clientele by opening a taproom. 

Tim Schwarzauer, founder of Dingo Dog, said he was thrilled by the reaction they received when they launched the Kickstarter last April. 

“Our Kickstarter went extremely well, we were completely overwhelmed with the amount of support we received and we were able to meet our stretch goal, so now we are also a fully-licensed winery,” he said. “We have already started making our first rounds of ciders and we now have a blackberry cider on tap, as well as others.”

In a Facebook statement made by Dingo Dog, backers of the cause were thanked for their contributions. 

“We are incredibly humbled by all of the support we have been shown — over 245 backers and counting,” the statement said. “Thanks to your generosity, we will be able to open the Dingo Dog taproom and begin in full our mission to save the lives of shelter pets, one beer at a time.”

The money would be used to purchase and personalize a space in Carrboro, Schwarzauer said.

“We are hoping to open the taproom this Fall, but due to construction it may be pushed back a tiny bit,” he said. “We have signed a letter of intent on the space in downtown Carrboro, and now we are just trying to work through the details so we can start the build-out.” 

According to Schwarzeur, the taproom will be a place to socialize with dogs and friends.

“We are planning on allowing people to bring their dogs and create a very dog-friendly space,” Schwarzaeur said. “We will have stacks of reusable dog beds so dogs are not just lying on the floor, and we are hoping to partner with a local butchery to make a dog beer, which is essentially broth with vegetables and meats that we can pour into bowls when dogs come to visit us.”

Although the brewery currently only sells beer and cider locally and attends no-kill shelter events in which all proceeds from the beer go to the shelters, Schwarzauer said that with the opening of the taproom he hopes to begin to give grants to the local no-kill shelters. 

Paws4ever, a no-kill animal rescue and adoption center in Mebane, is a partner with Dingo Dog. The relationship between Paws4ever and the brewery is very strong, said Emily Albert, Development and Communications Associate at Paws4ever. 

“We have been partnering with Dingo Dog for about three years now and they have been such great support for us,” Albert said. “We are big fans of their business model and we love that they use their talents to support such a great cause.” 

The brewery will be partnering with Paws4ever for their annual PawsFest event on Nov. 11, in which a walk-run and festival events will be held to raise money for the shelter. 

Albert said she was anxious for the opening of the taproom and hopes the best for Dingo Dog Brewing Company.

“We are very excited for them and hope that the taproom is a great site for raising awareness about animal rescue in our area,” Alberts said.