July is flying by! This weekend is full of fun events, outings and unique nightlife opportunities. Whether you want to sit back and watch a movie or take on some drag queens in a game of bingo, this weekend is sure to be a good one.
- July 19- Storytime with Tinkergarten- If you're an early riser, you will have time to grab the kids and take them to get someone else to read them a story for a change. (Honeysuckle Tea House)
- July 19-29- Summer Youth Conservatory- Has your summer been devoid of culture? Come watch some talented youths take the stage to perform Cabaret. (PlayMakers Repertory Company)
- July 19- Movie Under the Stars- Date Night Alert. Grab a blanket and a special someone and see The Force Awakens. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but even this one got me excited. (Wallace Deck)
- July 20- Friday Game Night- Ready to break away from the rat race? Take down your coworkers in a new way with a friendly game night. (Aloft Durham)
- July 20- Movies with Goats!- Goats are frequent flyers here on the Plan Your Weekend guide, but they are back again. Watch Date Night amongst the company of tiny, baby goats. (Spring Haven Farm)
- July 20- Writing Workshop for Young Writers- If you've got a budding J.K Rowling at home, send them to this workshop to kickstart their story-writing powers. (Flyleaf Books)
- July 21- Book Nerd Trivia- Tired of trivia being dominated by obscure sports references and song clips no one knows? Well, this one is all books, baby. The theme? Strong. Females. (Carolina Coffee Shop)
- July 21- Starry-Eyed Heels- Take to the skies and learn about myths and constellations that lie above the state of North Carolina. (Morehead Planetarium)
- July 21- Drag Queen Bingo- Y'all aren't even ready. Support the Compass Center and play some bingo hosted by the fabulous Vivica C. Coxx. (Linda's Bar and Grill)
- July 22- Taste of Soul- This takes the cookout to a whole other level. Enjoy food trucks, games and music. Did I mention it's free? (Durham Central Park)
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.