It's the last weekend of July, so let's go out with a bang. Grab some friends and enjoy brews, movies, family bonding and maybe even a ghost or two.
- July 27 - Fridays on the Front Porch - These guys have been kickin' it since the beginning of summer. Grab the whole dang family and come on down for food trucks and live music. (The Carolina Inn)
- July 28 - Downbar Stand-Up #2 - It's time to laugh with a night of standup comedy and baskets upon baskets of delicious cheese fries. Grab a beer and settle in for what looks to be a super chill night. (Linda's Bar and Grill)
- July 28 - Family Day: Historic Games - Go back in time with games from the 19th century. It may not be virtual reality, but my guess is they are still pretty fun. (Duke Homestead)
- July 28 - Pub Crawl and Haunted Adventure - Want to see the spooky side of Durham? Now is your chance. Couple this eerie outing with some good drinks and you have yourself a night. (American Tobacco Campus)
- July 29 - Boxing, Braids and Brews - Get into boxing in the most chill way possible. Get a beer and watch boxing demos along with raffle prizes and braiding services. (East 54)
- July 29 - Yoga and Pints - Is yoga not relaxing enough on its own? Try it with a glass of ice cold beer by your side. Crack one open and set some intentions as you relax with the boys. (Vecino Brewing Co.)
- July 29 - Jazz Brunch - Get the picnic basket and your favorite pals for this ultimate Sunday treat. Enjoy a live band and the best Weaver Street Market has to offer. (Weaver Street Market)
- July 29 - TCM Movie Night - Take it back to the days of fainting women and cigarettes everywhere with some of the best films of our time. Bonus: Do it with some coffee. (Looking Glass Cafe)
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.