UNC wide receiver Anthony Ratliff-Williams declares for 2019 NFL Draft

Anthony Ratliff-Williams football vs nc state
Junior wide receiver Anthony Ratliff-Williams (17) hangs onto the ball while safety Stephen Morrison (13) grabs his legs during the game against NC State on Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018. UNC lost 34-28 in overtime, ending their season 2-9.

North Carolina wide receiver Anthony Ratliff-Williams has declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Following a redshirt junior campaign where he saw his team post a 2-9 record, Ratliff-Williams made the decision to forego his senior year of eligibility. He made the announcement on Tuesday via Twitter.

Ratliff-Williams experienced a breakthrough sophomore campaign where he caught 35 passes for 630 yards and six reception touchdowns. The Matthews, N.C., native had a career day against Pittsburgh in 2017 on Nov. 9, becoming the third FBS player in the last 21 years to return a kick for a touchdown, throw for a score and catch a touchdown in the same game. 

Wide receiver Anthony Ratliff-Williams (7) leaps for a catch against Western Carolina on Saturday in Kenan Stadium.

Coming into the 2018 season, Ratliff-Williams was expected to take another big leap forward. While he led the team again with 689 receiving yards, he only scored three times this season (two receiving touchdowns) and was unable to gain any chemistry with a quarterback due to the team's revolving door at the position.

"I would like to thank the University of North Carolina, Coach Fedora, and the UNC staff for giving me the opportunity to play the game I love and to help prepare me to play at the next level," Ratliff-Williams said in a statement via Twitter. "I also want to thank Coach Brian Hales — if it weren't for you, I would not be where I am today. It has been an honor to wear the blue and white and to represent Tar Heel Nation for the past 3 years."

With Ratliff-Williams not returning to UNC, Dazz Newsome will likely be the No. 1 receiver in 2019 after catching 44 passes for 506 yards as a sophomore.