Check out this list of organizations that proves that art is everywhere on campus

With 800 different student organizations on campus, it can feel overwhelming when you are trying to figure out which ones to check out. But never fear, The Daily Tar Heel compiled a list of a few organizations that might be a good choice for you if you're interested in the arts. 

Bhangra Elite

Bhangra Elite is a nationally competitive traditional dance group on campus that puts a focus on Punjabi culture. They hold an annual fundraising event, featuring other performance groups on campus, for charities that aim to help impoverished children in India. 

Blank Canvas

Blank Canvas is the largest student-run dance company on campus, welcoming dancers of all experience levels and dance styles. They offer technique classes that are open to the public and dancers perform twice every year, at the end of each semester. Blank Canvas also hosts a variety of social events throughout the year. 

Carolina Jams

Carolina Jams is an organization that strives to bring together all musicians on campus and provide service to the community through music. Some of their service opportunities from the past include playing music in hospitals and donating instruments to schools. They also host benefit concerts and hold lessons for people who want to come learn how to play a variety of instruments. Members often get together to make and play their own music as well.

Carolina Tar Heel Voices

Carolina Tar Heel Voices is UNC’s oldest co-ed a cappella group, established in 1988. They record an album every other year and annually tour the country. The group has performed at Late Night with Roy and at the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella. 

Cellar Door

Cellar Door is an arts magazine on campus that releases issues twice a year. They feature student works of art, poetry and prose. This is a great organization for anyone who is interested in magazine production and art of any kind. 

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Cypher

UNC Cypher is a music-oriented student organization that focuses on hip-hop culture, free expression and freestyle rap. They hold performances in the Pit every Wednesday at 9:25 p.m.

UNC Clef Hangers

The Clef Hangers is the oldest a cappella group on campus and composed entirely of male undergraduate students. They were founded in 1977 and hold a variety of concerts throughout the year. They released an album entitled “blank canvas” that is now available on all streaming services.

Creatives of Color

Creatives of Color is an organization that allows minorities on campus and allies with artistic passion to network, collaborate and participate in a variety of creative service projects in the community. Throughout the year Creatives of Color hosts different workshops and speaker series. 

False Profits

False Profits is a variety comedy troupe at UNC that focuses on improv, sketch and stand-up comedy. They hold auditions for prospective members at the beginning of each semester, and have an “incubator team” called “The Disciples” that students must be a part of for one semester before auditioning for the Profits at the end of the semester. False Profits host a variety of shows throughout the year.

Kamikazi Hip Hop Dance Team

Kamikazi was started in 1996 and was the first co-ed dance hip-hop team to be created at UNC. They focus on dance styles such as jazz, hip-hop, break dancing, popping, locking and more. Kamikazi also participates in a variety of different fundraisers and charity events in an attempt to focus on the betterment of the community.

LAB! Theatre

LAB! Theatre is not only an entirely student-run organization, but they are the oldest active theatre group on campus. All of their productions are free-of-charge to attend and are student produced, directed, acted, crewed and designed. They perform around 7 to 10 shows a year and are led by five elected student producers and an appointed Lab! Board.

UNC Loreleis

The Loreleis is an all-female a cappella group that was founded in 1981 and is composed of 16 undergraduate females. They release an album every other year and tour nationally and internationally two times every year. In the past, they’ve performed at the White House and opened for Jay Leno.The Loreleis have won 14 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards. 

The Tarpeggios

The Tarpeggios were founded in 2010 and is a co-ed a cappella group that is all about making music and having fun. They have two albums titled “Carolina State of Mind” and “The Teal Album” which can be streamed on Spotify, Apple Music and iTunes.

UNC-CH Pauper Players

Pauper Players is a theatre group on campus that welcomes all levels of experience and backgrounds in theatre. Students can come and work on their performance skills or work backstage and in executive positions. They produce around two to three musicals and one Broadway revue show every year.