- Ehringhaus Residence Hall with 22 cases
- Hinton James Residence Hall with 21 cases
- Carmichael Residence Hall with 10 cases
- Craige Residence Hall with 10 cases
- Morrison Residence Hall with seven cases
- Avery Residence Hall with six cases
As of Monday, the occupancy on-campus is at 15.1 percent — a decrease of 3,575 contracts — and 21.5 percent at Granville Towers — a decrease of 720 leases.
UNC moved all undergraduate courses online on Aug. 17. The following day on Aug. 18, announced students must cancel their housing contracts unless they have an expressed need to stay on-campus. Over 4,000 students left UNC housing last week, with no pause in classes.
UNC has paused classes this Monday and Tuesday.
CLARIFICATION: A previous version of this article cited Granville Towers as having 51 percent of its current residents as testing positive for COVID-19. The totals that made up that percentage were cumulative, not current and individual. The article has been updated to reflect these changes. The Daily Tar Heel apologizes for this error.