UNC women's basketball reschedules games after COVID-19 postponements

20201203_Edwards_wbb_SCU-249.jpg
First-year guard Kennedy Todd-Williams (3) drives the ball upcourt against South Carolina State in Carmichael Arena on Dec. 3, 2020. UNC beat SC State 98-28.

Updated 1/12/2021 at 2:16 pm: The ACC has since announced new dates for the games against Syracuse and Louisville. Both games will take place on the road, with UNC taking on Syracuse at 12 p.m. on Jan. 19, before waiting nine days to play the Cardinals on Jan. 28 at 7 p.m.

No announcement has been made as to the rescheduling of the game against Pittsburgh.

The game between the North Carolina women's basketball team and Louisville on Jan. 5 has been postponed following a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining and contact tracing within the Tar Heels' program, the ACC announced on Sunday night. 

This is the fourth game that has been postponed or canceled for UNC, although the first that comes as a result of a positive test within the program. North Carolina was originally supposed to play Louisville in mid-December, but the game was postponed due to positive tests, subsequent quarantining and contact tracing within the Cardinals' program. 

UNC has also had games postponed against Syracuse and Pittsburgh due to COVID-19 protocols, which were supposed to be played on Dec. 31 and Jan. 3, respectively. Through nine games this season, North Carolina is 7-2 with a blowout win over No. 18 Syracuse on Dec. 17. The last game the team played in was a 77-74 overtime win against Wake Forest on Dec. 20. The Tar Heels' next game is now slated to be against the Miami Hurricanes on Jan. 10. 

@bg_keyes