UNC announces vaccinated students won't have to participate in asymptomatic testing

UNC's first on-campus vaccine clinic opens Wednesday
The first vaccine dose given at UNC’s vaccination clinic is administered in the Student Union on March 31, 2021. As North Carolina began to allow college students to receive coronavirus vaccines, UNC opened a clinic on campus where students can receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

The Carolina Together Testing Program Team announced on Friday that students who have received the COVID-19 vaccine will not be required to participate in asymptomatic testing in the fall. 

Starting June 1, there will be a COVID-19 Vaccination Certification tile on ConnectCarolina’s Student Requirements Dashboard. 

Students returning to campus this fall will be asked to acknowledge whether they have received the COVID-19 vaccine, according to the campuswide message.

Students who are unvaccinated or choose not to respond will be required to participate in the Carolina Together Testing Program in the fall. Unvaccinated students who test positive for COVID-19 during the semester will be required to move to isolation housing. 

Campus Health will continue to offer symptomatic testing for those who show symptoms of COVID-19 or have been identified as a close contact.

“Getting your COVID-19 vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and others from the COVID-19 virus, while contributing to a typical, in-person experience at Carolina this fall,” the message read. 

To find more information on locations of vaccination clinics, click here

@laurmccarthyy