Sunday December 5th

UNC sophomore wide receiver Khafre Brown to enter NCAA transfer portal

FSU sophomore defensive back Jarrian Jones (7) intercepts a long pass intended for UNC sophomore wide receiver Khafre Brown (1) during the Tar Heels' home football matchup in Kenan Memorial Stadium on Oct. 9, 2021, against the Florida State Seminoles. FSU won 35-25.
Buy Photos FSU sophomore defensive back Jarrian Jones (7) intercepts a long pass intended for UNC sophomore wide receiver Khafre Brown (1) during the Tar Heels' home football matchup in Kenan Memorial Stadium on Oct. 9, 2021, against the Florida State Seminoles. FSU won 35-25.

On Monday morning, the UNC football team confirmed that sophomore wide receiver Khafre Brown will enter the NCAA transfer portal.

In his UNC career, Brown has had 412 receiving yards, including a 75-yard long pass to score a touchdown against Virginia this season. During his 2020 campaign, Brown played in 12 of UNC’s 13 games, had 15 receptions and two touchdowns. However, Brown was not taken off the bench for UNC’s most recent game against Miami, and has only been targeted six times playing 125 snaps this year.

Khafre Brown is the younger brother of Dyami Brown, who posted 2,306 receiving yards during his career at North Carolina and was recently the 82nd pick of the NFL draft to the Washington Football Team.

Brown graduated from West Mecklenburg High School and was listed as the No. 7 player in North Carolina and ranked No. 32 overall wide receiver by ESPN.com. The four-star prospect was also interested in Tennessee, Georgia, Michigan and Oregon before making his commitment to UNC. 

The Daily Tar Heel for December 1, 2021