Five Chapel Hill-Carrboro City School bus routes will not have a driver on Friday morning because of an ongoing bus driver shortage and COVID-19 protocols.
The routes include:
- Bus 64: McDougle Elementary, Smith Middle, East Chapel Hill High
- Bus 66: Carrboro Elementary, McDougle Middle, Chapel Hill High
- Bus 103: Carrboro Elementary, McDougle Middle, Carrboro High
- Bus 115: Seawell Elementary, McDougle Middle, Chapel Hill High
- Bus 129: Glenwood Elementary, Carrboro High
CHCCS asks that families make alternate arrangements for the morning or call the district's transportation office at 919-942-5045 to have a bus pick up their students.
Students will not be considered tardy as a result of the shortage.
There are currently 11 buses that do not have a permanent driver, according to a statement from CHCCS Chief Communications Officer Andy Jenks.
“We have exhausted our list of available substitutes and qualified staff who have assisted us throughout the pandemic,” Jenks said.
CHCCS will send notifications on Friday morning if it receives additional callouts that may affect other routes.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.