UNC women's basketball junior wing Kennedy Todd-Williams enters the transfer portal

20230303_Diehl_WBBALL_UNC_DUKE_Selects-2.jpg

Former UNC junior guard Kennedy Todd-Williams (3) moves toward the basket during the women’s basketball game in the third round of the ACC tournament in Greensboro, N.C., on Friday, March 3, 2023. UNC fell to Duke 40-44.

On Thursday afternoon, UNC junior wing Kennedy Todd-Williams announced on social media that she is entering the transfer portal. 

"Since the age of 10, Carolina has been my dream school, and committing after my freshman year of high school was a momentous achievement," Todd-Williams wrote in her announcement. "I am proud to have been a part of the success of the program and to have helped my team become a top 25 school."

In her statement, Todd-Williams expressed gratitude for UNC's coaching staff. She wrote that the decision was not easy, but that it was the right move for her and her family.

The Jacksonville, N.C., native has been an integral part of North Carolina's lineup as a starter for the past two years and had the longest streak on the Tar Heel roster for games started at 65. 

Todd-Williams was named second-team All-ACC and ranked second on the team in scoring and minutes. She averaged 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game in her junior campaign and also led the team in 3-pointers with 52 on the season.

This news comes a day after sophomore forward Destiny Adams announced she was entering the transfer portal on Wednesday. 

Todd-Williams is now the second Tar Heel to leave the team following North Carolina's season-ending loss to Ohio State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. She had 16 points in the defeat.

North Carolina Athletics has not released a statement regarding Todd-Williams' entry into the transfer portal.  

@shelbymswanson

Shelby Swanson

Shelby Swanson is the 2023-24 sports editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as an assistant sports editor and senior writer. Shelby is a junior pursuing a double major in media and journalism and Hispanic literatures and cultures.