Business Boom

Good morning, DTH sports fans.

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

Volleyball still undefeated this month

After a disappointing start to the season, the North Carolina volleyball team has rattled off four straight wins, sweeping all four opponents 3-0. The team has been led by the stellar play of seniors Paige Neuenfeldt and Victoria McPherson. The dynamic middle-hitting duo has combined for 69 kills and 47 blocks this month.  

Read staff writer Megan Marenghi's story here.

James Pyle saves the win for UNC

On his 20th birthday, redshirt first-year goalkeeper James Pyle recorded a career-high in saves to help the No. 2 North Carolina men's soccer team rally to defeat No. 22 Syracuse 2-1. Pyle recovered from an early mistake to come back and make several brilliant one-on-one saves, pushing UNC to a 10-0-1 start — the best to start the seasonin program history.  

Read Assistant Sports Editor Logan Ulrich's story here.  

Women's soccer loses again

After losing its first game of the season on Thursday against Louisville, the No. 1 North Carolina women's soccer team dropped another game on the road 1-0 against Florida State on Sunday. The loss marks only the ninth time in school history UNC has lost back-to-back games.  

Read staff writer Kayleigh Payne's story here.  

Field hockey locks down Longwood

The No. 3 North Carolina field hockey team used stifling defense to overwhelm the Longwood Lancers on Friday night. Twenty-three players saw action for UNC to secure a strong victory, despite allowing a goal to break UNC's home shutout streak this season.  

Read staff writer Brandon White's story here.  

Swimming and diving loses close meet

After an adventurous road trip that took twice as long as it should have and having to train in different areas because of a faulty filter in its home pool, the North Carolina swimming and diving team dropped a close meet to Georgia on the road. Junior Helen Moffitt led the Tar Heels with two first-place finishes and another second-place finish.  

Read staff writer Juna Glaude's story here.  

Looking ahead

• The North Carolina men's soccer team will take on the College of Charleston at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at Fetzer Field.