Canvas

Weekender Top Three 9/23-9/25

Congratulations! You’ve made it to the weekend without (a) drowning in Wednesday’s Biblical rain, (b) melting in Thursday’s miserably oppressive humidity, or © throwing all of your clothes into a pile, defeated as to what to wear each day.

And it’s a good week to have survived. This weekend, get your fill of dancers, orgasms and music galore!

CAROLINA PERFORMING ARTS PRESENTS PHILADANCO. The Philadelphia Dance Company in more words, Philadanco comes to Memorial Hall with four dances. The first, “Watching Go By, The Day,” has never before been produced for an audience.

Read more: staff writer Michelle Lewis talks commissions in Friday’s Daily Tar Heel; staff writer Carson Fish fawns over Durham-native choreographer Hope Boykin here Canvas. See the show: 8 p.m. at Memorial Hall. Tickets are available for $10 to $44.

PLAYMAKERS REPERTORY COMPANY PRESENTS “IN THE NEXT ROOM. Throwing stigma to the wind, Sarah Ruhl’s play about the vibrating cure for “female hysteria” takes on feminism and sex in a pleasurable evening.

Read more: Assistant Arts editor Katherine Proctor takes climax-therapy on the front page of Friday’s Daily Tar Heel. See the show: 7:30 p.m. at Paul Green Theatre. Tickets are available for $10 to $45.

CARRBORO PRESENTS THE CARRBORO MUSIC FESTIVAL Take a walk, grab a coffee and enjoy whatever sort of music you’d like — all in Carrboro, all for free. Beginning at 1 p.m. Sunday, support local music and explore the wild lands to the West.

Read more: Our pals at Diversions about the draw for students. See the show(s): Here’s line-up — make a day of it.

Katelyn Trela is the Arts editor for The Daily Tar Heel. She enjoys bears, giggling and Grease 2. As a wild explorer of weekends, she is highly qualified to tell you what to do on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and will do so each week.