Canvas

Weekender Top Three 12/2-12/4: Last Weekender of the Year!

Celebrate this last weekend of the semester that isn’t weighted down by exams and studying by going out Canvas-style.

LAB! THEATRE PRESENTSUNCOMMON WOMEN AND OTHERS An all-female cast carries this story of college women preparing to graduate.

Read more: Staff writer Sara Haderbache talks the ladies. See the show: Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. or Monday at 5 p.m. in Kenan Theater. Admission is free.

CAROLINA PERFORMING ARTS AND THE CAROLINA BALLET PRESENTTHE NUTCRACKER The traditional Christmas ballet has been updated with more mystical magic, sets and local celebs.

Read more: Staff writer Deborah Strange tells the magic. See the show: Saturday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at Memorial Hall. Tickets are $10 to $64.

PLAYMAKERS REPERTORY COMPANY PRESENTSWHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?” George and Martha bring their renowned disfuncionality to the Paul Green stage.

Read more: Arts editor Katelyn Trela highlights veteran actors leading the performance. See the show: Tuesday to Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. until Dec. 18 in Paul Green Theater. Tickets are $10 to $45.