Carolina Living

Four ways to keep your skin hydrated this winter

The snow storm came and gone, but it didn’t take the dryness with it. The cold weather is stripping our skin of moisture. Here are some personal tips for you to keep your face hydrated. (Note: these are tips and products that I’ve learned throughout my life. In other words, I’m no professional).

1. Obviously, you should use a moisturizer. 

If you are lost in the myriads of choices, here’s one suggestion.

Source: Andalou Naturals

Andalou Naturals is an all-natural brand that sells face, body and hair products. 

Their 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream is perfect for the dry weather. It’s light and absorbs into your skin extremely quickly — very convenient for busy college students.

This product is truly beautiful. It’s non-GMO, cruelty-free, vegan and gluten free. Not only does it improve your skin, but also promotes eco-friendly principles. No wonder it retails in Whole Foods Market.

As if this isn’t good enough, the cream costs only $24.95 for 50 ml of product. Seriously?

Check out their website for more information.

2. Keep your moisturizer in your bath. 

The moment you step out of your shower, you feel your skin dry up. If you have a hard time opening your mouth after taking a bath, you better lather up your face with a cream asap.

3. Drink lots and lots and lots of water. 

Every year, my new year's resolution list starts with “drink more water,” which I rarely kept until I found this:

Source: Google Play Store

“Aqualert” is a mobile app that reminds you to drink water and organizes your daily consumption into graphs. This simple and easy application calculates the amount of daily water intake appropriate for your gender, weight and lifestyle.

You can also customize the frequency of notifications to suit your preferences.

4. Get a humidifier. 

If you live on campus, you’ll know how dry it gets in the rooms due to the controlled heating. If you can’t afford one, make one yourself!

All you need to do is cut felt fabric into shapes of your choice, dip it into water, and hang them around your room. You can even add drops of aroma oil in the water to use it as a diffuser.

Room decor, check. Air-freshener, check. Humidifier, check.

If this is too much of a hassle for y’all busy people, here’s a more realistic option: just dry your laundry in your room. This saves up energy and your laundry allowances.

@khjinni