Carolina Living

8 beauty hacks to try this summer

It's summer and school is out – for some of you. 

In any case, summer is a time for fun in the sun and relaxation. Whether you're at the beach or working at an internship, try a few of these summer beauty hacks to beat the heat.

1. Embrace the waves

At the beach, the salt water and sea air combine to create natural waves in your hair. This natural process adds texture to hair, making it easier to style. 

Embrace what nature gives you and unleash your inner mermaid. If you're not at the beach, you can try salt sprays like this or try one of these DIY recipes

Source: Livingly

2. Throw some baby powder in your beach bag

Did you know that baby powder removes beach sand? Who knew?

Whenever you are covered in sand, remember to sprinkle baby powder on the sandy areas. Baby powder removes moisture from your skin and allows sand to fall off easily. 

Extra Tip: Sprinkle some baby powder on tangled jewelry to get out unwanted knots.

Source: Kidspot

3. Keep your nail polish cool

Place some of your favorite summer nail polishes in the refrigerator. The hot weather thickens up polish and makes it gloppy. The cool air in the fridge will make application much smoother.

Source: The Gloss

4. Become friends with dry shampoo

Dry shampoo can be a help during the school year, but it can come in handy during the summer months too. 

You should never overuse this product or substitute it for a shower. This is for touch ups on days where you feel like your hair needs a pick me up. Batiste dry shampoos are a popular and affordable option.

Source: Pink Peonies

5. Drink water

Water has countless benefits. 

It hydrates skin, regulates body temperature and boosts your mood. In the summer it's so important to drink water because of the chance of dehydration in the summer heat. 

You can spice up your usual water drinking routine with some of these recipes that incorporate fruit.

Source: FitStyleLife

6. Use Apple Cider Vinegar to cleanse your hair

Do an apple cider vinegar hair rinse to add shine to your hair. The rinse will also restore the pH balance of your hair and help relieve itchy scalps. Try this recipe

Source: Trusper

7. Use Coconut Oil to Condition and Grow Hair

Use coconut oil as a hair mask or leave-in conditioner to leave hair soft and silky. 

Coconut oil also promotes healthy hair growth because it allows blood circulation when it's massaged into the scalp a few times a week. It can also be used to tame frizziness and detangle wet hair. 

It's the definition of a multi-use product and can be found for great prices. 

Source: The Kitchn

8. Use a setting spray

Summer heat tends to dry out the face or melt off makeup. 

Think about getting a setting spray as a base or top coat for your makeup. A lot of beauty brands offer some type of setting spray for people to use before and after makeup application. 

Some setting sprays can prolong the life of your makeup by hours. 

Source: Cosmopolitan 

These tips can be used if you plan to hit the beach this summer or just want to try some new beauty tricks. Remember to wear SPF, work hard and have fun this summer.