Carolina Living

4 cruelty-free makeup brands to try this summer

More and more people are turning to cruelty-free makeup to stand against animal testing in the cosmetic industry. If you're looking to switch up your beauty stash, here are a few options in different price ranges. 

Makeup Geek

This makeup line created and owned by businesswoman and YouTuber Marlena Stell has found wild success. The line includes quality eyeshadows affordably priced at $6. Nothing has been tested on animals, but some blushes and eyeshadow contain carmine. Carmine is a red pigment derived from insects that prevents certain products and brands from being considered totally vegan. 

Source: BonnieBeautyxo

ColourPop

ColourPop has taken the cosmetic industry by storm. Their Lippie Stix and matte liquid lipsticks can be seen all over social media. The ColourPop company and its lab Spatz Labs say they are cruelty free.

Source: MakeupAlley

Wet n Wild

Wet n Wild prides itself in being completely cruelty free. They have some of my favorite single eyeshadows, blushes and lipsticks. On their site, they even have a list of their vegan products. Their new set of makeup brushes are vegan, cruelty-free and gluten free. 

Source: The Hunt 

Too Faced Cosmetics

You might've heard of the infamous Chocolate Bar Palette or the Sweet Peach Palette (it smells like peaches!) Both are creations of the Too Faced company. It may be on the higher end of the price spectrum, but this company also does not test on animals. 

Source: Too Faced 

If you feel like switching up your makeup routine to include more cruelty-free items, you can always check out sites like Leaping Bunny or directly email companies to ask.