Diversions

Music Review: Paramore

Paramore

Brand New Eyes

(Fueled By Ramen)

Being fresh-faced and cutesy doesn’t always have to be cheesy. Sometimes naivety is much appreciated in a genre that can be overly hardcore.

Tennessee emo sweethearts, Paramore, are known for successfully maneuvering this balancing act, delivering teenage angst-laden tracks, but without sacrificing morals and class. Brand New Eyes is no exception.

Although known for her Christian views, singer Hayley Williams can still fuel the music with powerhouse, yet squeaky clean vocals that match her fiery personality (and flaming hair).

With Williams’ vocals being matched with a pristine pop-punk , tracks such as “Ignorance “ and “Turn It Off “  unfold in typical Paramore fashion, sure to please those self-proclaimed emo kids.

Williams’ voice still rings with innocence, singing lyrics that speak of the building and destruction of teenage relationships, a topic that seems to create a lot of emotion.

Overall, Paramore maintains its inconsistency, and while that may please current fans, it does nothing to draw in a new group of listeners.

With the exception of a few diversions, including a few Coldplay-like intros and an attempt at acoustic, Brand New Eyes fulfills all expectations of being a continuation of the sound Paramore is known for.

The lack of diversity doesn’t necessarily render a lack of creativity, but proves that Paramore still has some maturing to do. While it may be a good clean record, it proves that Paramore are still a very one-dimensional band.