Diversions

Dive TV for Nov. 16

Put aside the accusations of selling out, charges of changing their sound, and your Rick Rubin voodoo dolls - there's no denying that The Avett Brothers are a great live band. And whether or not you are a fan of their newest album, you'll still be impressed by this short set the Brothers did for Spinner magazine. Check out "January Wedding" and "Slight Figure of Speech" to see that Scott's rapid-fire delivery almost rivals the beginning of "Talk on Indolence" from Four Thieves Gone.

Click above for more videos.

Next up is a video from Monsters of Folk, supergroup outfit of Conor Oberst, My Morning Jacket's Jim James, M. Ward, and Mike Mogis from Bright Eyes. There's not much to say here except the song is "Say Please" and it involves the band dressing up as some of the least physically imposing soldiers ever (except for Oberst, who looks like an extra that wandered of the set of There Will Be Blood) Oh, and there's some kind of roller skating party going on. 

Finally, check out this video for Animal Collective's "In The Flowers," which is off their critically acclaimed album Merriweather Post Pavilion. Like a lot of Animal Collective videos, I'm not exactly sure what is supposed to be going on here, except that it's a mixed-media explosion of home movie-type videos, animated drawings and some strangely-dressed dancers. But whatever the message is, it just looks really cool: