Diversions

Interesting CD releases for Nov. 3

Happy November guys. Let's see what the first week in Turkey Month has for us as we head into the holiday shopping season.

First up I've got Ratitude, the new one from perennial power pop kings Weezer. I, like a lot of other music writers, have been pretty disappointed by Weezer's last two discs, but between blissfully breezy first single "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" and the awesomely over the top Lil Wayne collaboration "I Can't Stop Partying," I'm willing to give this one a chance. Though last year's Red Album had a lot of buzz around it too, and it blew hard. So while I am going to give this one a go, I have to say, it's going to be hard for me to get excited for Weezer again.

Also coming at you this week, is the many-times belated Attention Defect, the debut full-length debut from D.C. mixtape master Wale, which was actually featured on this post before a couple months ago. Needless to say it was pushed back from that date. But with strong singles such as in "Pretty Girls" and the pop-perfect Lady Gaga collaboration "Chillin," this looks like it could be one of the hotter hip-hop releases this year. In any case, it should at least come close to justifying this long wait.

That's all I've got for you this week. See you back here next Tuesday.