Diversions

The Movie Trail for Jan. 26

Not a whole lot on the movie trailer front this week, but you can’t win ‘em all I suppose. About the best thing out is the family dramedy “City Island,” which looks like a rehash of dysfunctional family clichés. Haha! The husband and wife aren’t honest with each other! The daughter is a stripper at night!Andy Garcia’s accent is dubious! Comedy masterpiece, I’m sure. At least Alan Arkin is in it, and he’s good in about everything.

Click above for more trailers.

There’s a new red band trailer for “Hot Tub Time Machine,” which I’m sure somebody, somewhere is excited about. It’s got some talent in the form of Rob Corddry and John Cusack, but the trailer has it looking like a pretty sad “Hangover” knock-off. A red band trailer can use its unrated content to effectively showcase its jokes, but “Hot Tub Time Machine” comes off as more crass than funny. Check it out below and decide for yourselves.

The final entry is the wholly disposable looking thriller “4.3.2.1.,” which boasts of being a Noel Clarke presentation. Probably not the best marketing tool, as I had to run a web search to figure out he’s a moderately famous British actor and director with only one other film to his name. At any rate, the short teaser features no real explanation of plot, but rather a fancy sports car and girls in short skirts with guns. If it wasn’t for the title card, I would’ve thought it was the latest entry in the “Fast and the Furious” series.