Diversions

Mixtape Round Up: Jan. 29 to Feb. 4

If you read in today's Dive section, I don't need to say much else about this tape. Bob is legit and everyone should be on his shit. He's got more crossover than a basketball game and better music than most albums. The title of this badboy is a nod to the release date of his debut, B.o.B. Presents: The Great Adventures of Bobby Ray, but until then enjoy this.

What's Good?: "Fuck the Money" Feat. Asher Roth [Prod. by Kanye West], "Gladiators" Feat. J. Cole, "Don't Feel So Good"

Tracklist and Download link for May 25th

I try to put up as much new music as I can in all these round-ups, but this week was kinda slow besides the above tape so I grabbed this collabo from Styles P. I hadn't mentioned much of Styles on here so this is a best of tape put together by Mr. Peter Parker. P is one of the founding members of The Lox with Jadakiss and Sheek Louch so he's not really new to the scene, but he is often overlooked. Take some time to get reacquainted with a street-wise lyricist you may have forgotten.

What's Good?: "Blow My Mind," "Banned from TV" Feat. Jadakiss

Tracklist and Download link for Here's Why They Call Me The Ghost

B.o.B. put me in a down south mood for most of the week, so I actually checked out this compilation by Greedmont Park that I normally wouldn't have. Here's a lot of Atlanta acts that are doing their thing on their own accord. You won't catch these guys on the radio, but if you browse the blogs you're very aware of a lot of these guys. Donnis, Hollyweerd, Sean Falyon, Mums FP and more. A lot of dope beats and clever wordplay on this tape. Even a really nice Lil Wayne sample I approve of.

What's Good?: "Pussy Poppin'" Feat. Donnis and Mach Five, "Good Things" Feat. Corey Davis

Tracklist and Download link for Playground: A Compilation Vol. 1