Diversions

Music News Monday: February 1-7

Pitchfork Festival Tickets on Sale Now!

Courtesy of Pitchfork

1. The season for music festivals is approaching, and the various lineups are on the verge of being announced. This week, the lineup for the 2010 Pitchfork Music Festival has been announced and is set to include Modest Mouse, LCD Soundsystem, St. Vincent and Raekwon.   The fifth annual festival, which takes place over three days, is scheduled for July 16-18 in Chicago’s Union Park. 

(via Pitchfork)

2. The waiting is over, the Strokes have finally returned! After a several year hiatus following First Impressions of Earth, the garage rockers are back in the studio to record a new album, and also promise some “video vignettes” of the process. In addition, they have plans to perform at two European summer festivals.

(via Pitchfork)

3. It seems the guidos from Seaside Heights are here to stay. Jersey Shore’s Snooki got the chance to interview Phoenix following their win at the Grammys. Her burning question, “Do you have guidos in France?” Ironically, neither of the entertainers had previously heard of each other. 

(via Spin) 

4. The release of the official autopsy report for Jay Reatard reveal that the rocker was killed by “cocaine toxicity and that alcohol was a contributing factor.” Reatard, who was found dead in his Memphis home early Jan. 13, was 29 years old.

(via Spin)

5. As spring semester continues, Cat’s Cradle is showing some local love with show announcements of several hometown bands including Bowerbirds, The Rosebuds, and Megafaun. Tickets for all three are on sale now through etix.com.

(via Music.MyNC.com)