Diversions

The Movie Trail for Feb. 16

In “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” Russell Brand’s supporting turn as crass British rocker Aldous Snow was hailed as one of the funnier roles in the film. In “Get Him to the Greek,” Brand reprises his role and will have to see if he can stretch his act into a feature-length film of its own. Jonah Hill, a bit player in “Sarah Marshall,” co-stars as the intern assigned to deliver the relapsed Snow to his concert date. The trailer has its moments, and small roles for P. Diddy and Aziz Ansari look promising, but nothing made me crack up entirely. It’s too early to judge, but I’m worried the “uptight schlub in the party scene” shtick could wear thin pretty quickly. You can judge for yourselves below. A movie with a role for Edward Norton in it is usually a pretty good movie. So a movie with two roles for him should be pretty damn epic, right? That seems to be the logic behind “Leaves of Grass,” an upcoming comedy where Norton plays both a classics professor and his backwoods, drug-dealing twin brother. I’m wary of any movie that involves identical people switching places (thanks, “Double Take”) and dysfunctional family issues, so I’m somewhat suspicious of this project at the moment. Nonetheless, Norton rarely delivers a sub-par performance and watching him act like a hick could be pretty amusing. Did you like “King Arthur” and “Gladiator?” Are you excited about “Robin Hood?” Do you wish that all three films could be rolled into one indistinguishable mass and have their budgets slashed? If so, “Centurion” might be for you. The trailer shows us that director Neil Marshall looks ready to bring us more of what’s already been done, despite his previous ingenuity directing the campy cult film “Dog Soldiers.” Fans of “The Wire” will immediately realize that McNulty is in this, which is about all “Centurion” has going for it right now.