Diversions

The Movie Trail for Feb. 9

Download the original attachment There isn’t much that’s new in the movie trailer world this week, but I’ve culled the top three from the pack. Not really, but I do have three recent ones for you. First up is “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,” Oliver Stone’s sequel to his 1987 film “Wall Street.” Michael Douglas will again take the role of Gordon Gekko, although he apparently plays a less villainous role this time around. I’m incredibly uneasy about the fact that Shia LeBeouf has top billing in this, and to make things worse, the movie’s excellent supporting actors (Eli Wallach, Frank Langella, and Josh Brolin, to name a few) don’t appear prominently in the trailer except for the cast listing. At any rate, it’s probably worth seeing the ever-erratic Oliver Stone’s unhinged take on the recent financial crisis.

Flying somewhat under the radar is the animated zombie apocalypse film “A.D.” I know next to nothing about it, and search for information doesn’t reveal much more than it was directed by Ben Hibon and written by Haylar Garcia, neither of whom are of any note. The trailer fails to offer any illuminating information, but it did leave me feeling that the somewhat comical animation didn’t suite the more serious tone of the trailer. I’m always down for some zombie mayhem, and until I get more information I’ll suspend judgment.

Kevin James is fat, Chris Rock is sassy, Adam Sandler is childish, Rob Schneider and David Spade are losers, and Salma Hayek is foreign and attractive. I just boiled the new trailer for “Grown Ups” down to a sentence, thus saving you the indignity of watching it. Don’t believe me? Look below.