Diversions

Music News Monday: April 4-11

New Megafaun: "Volunteers"

Courtesy of Pitchfork

1. North Carolina’s local folk favorite Megafaun has finished its third album, Heretofore, a mini LP which is set for release this summer. “Volunteers” is the first single from the upcoming album. Megafaun will be touring for the spring, including making a stop in Carrboro on May 7.

(via Pitchfork)

2. Local stars Superchunk are returning to the Cat’s Cradle in May, following a few spring performances at South By Southwest Music Festival. The band will play the Cradle on May 21 and plan to debut a few new songs from an upcoming album that should be out this year. 

(via trianglemusic.blogspot.com)

3. Oddsac, the psychedelic and experimental film from Animal Collective, will make it’s way to the Varsity Theatre in Chapel Hill on Friday, April 23rd.   There will be two screenings, at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Additionally, director Danny Perez and members of Animal Collective will be present for the event.   Below, you can view the trailer for Oddsac.

(via trianglemusic.blogspot.com)

4. Kanye West is rumored to be working on his next album, tentatively named Good Ass Job, with Q-Tip, RZA, and Pete Rock. The album is set to be released this summer. At the same time, West finds himself in a lawsuit against Suge Knight, over a 2005 incident in which Knight was shot in the leg at a party hosted by West. 

(via Pitchfork)