Diversions

Movie Review: Ender's Game

Ender’s Game
????

A critically acclaimed best seller finally hits the big screen: “Ender’s Game” presents itself in a big way to audiences. With flare, drama, brilliance and shine, the movie makes a mark on history.

“Ender’s Game” follows the epic tale of a boy being designed to become a military leader in a world where humans are preparing to make a preemptive attack on their alien enemies.

Ender Wiggins (Asa Butterfield) goes through the methodical process of gaining the knowledge to think outside the box and without distraction in order to become the best commander possible.

Coming from an emotionally traumatic background, Ender goes to battle school not knowing that he has been picked out to be the boy who can save the human race.

He goes through strenuous amounts of training from his instructors and peers who use their mixed emotions about Ender to make his life full of twists and turns that shape the man he will become.

“Ender’s Game” contains a star studded cast that cohesively works together to make a film that is enjoyable to all audiences.

Harrison Ford as Colonel Graff does not fail to live up to his reputation as a great actor.

Ben Kingsley fills the role of Mazer Rackham spectacularly. Viola Davis, Abigail Breslin, Hailee Steinfeld, Moises Arias and Aramis Knight are stupendous in their supporting roles.

The special effects are well done, especially coming from a novel where everything is based in the future.

From the battle room to the schools’ mind games, the movie does not fail to reflect the fact that humans have become highly advanced both technologically and intellectually.

“Ender’s Game” leaves viewers emotionally distraught. They are excited for their young hero’s accomplishments while burdened by what it took for him to get there.

Although there were some parts of the film that felt rushed, overall it is brilliant and exciting and should be seen by anyone who wants to have their minds challenged while having a good time.

“Ender’s Game” brings to question whether or not life is truly a game, and if so, is it worth playing?

Jeremy Wile