Medium

Binge Watch Guide: '21 Jump Street'

Binge Watch Guide is a blog series to lead you through the many available series for streaming.

Before "Ja feel?" there was Johnny Depp. Depp starred as Officer Tom Hanson in the original "21 Jump Street," a five season '80s detective show that aired on FOX. The show focuses on the cases of young-looking police officers who go undercover in high school to combat teen crime. 21 Jump Street is seen as the turning point in Depp's career and features many guest stars who also went on to success in the movie and TV industry, including Brad Pitt, Blair Underwood and Josh Brolin.

Time commitment: Medium. Five seasons are a lot to go through, but take all the time you need because the show is no longer airing so you don't have to worry about catching up to the newest episodes. Also Johnny Depp's face.

The Good: Have I mentioned Johnny Depp's face? Aside from having a gorgeous leading man in Depp, the show really appealed to me because of the diversity of its cast. Depp stars alongside Holly Robinson as the smart and beautiful Officer Judy Hoffs, Peter DeLuise as the wise-cracking yet haunted Officer Doug Penhall and Dustin Nguyen as the loyal and innovative Officer Harry Truman Ioki. Steven Fuller rounds out the diverse cast as Captain Adam Fuller. Although the show aired in the '80s, the cases the detectives face and the story-lines the show follows are not corny or flashy or boring or old. They are interesting and captivating and you won't be able to leave your laptop. But, like if you need a sip of water to quench the '80s Depp thirst you may develop, go ahead.

The Bad: The network did a horrible job of censoring curse words in this show. So, that'll get annoying. Also, the timing of some of the episodes is slow but well worth the wait.

The Takeaway: Sometimes the best shows have to be found. This one's a gem. Also Johnny Depp's face.

If you like this, consider watching: The 2012 Jonah Hill movie. It's fun seeing the new after the old, and plus: Depp and DeLuise make cameos as well as Holly Robinson Peete.