Police log for June 19, 2014

• Someone broke into and entered a residence and committed larceny at 905 N. Columbia St. between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person entered the residence through a window and took electronics valued at $3,050, reports state.

• Someone committed larceny and resisted arrest at 700 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. at 3:04 a.m. on Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole a construction sign valued at $300, reports state.

• Someone shoplifted from a store at 167 E. Franklin St. between 10:27 p.m. and 10:32 p.m. on Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person tried to hide an alcoholic beverage valued at $2 under their shirt, reports state.

• Someone ran over a mailbox at 2516 Homestead Road at 4:19 p.m. on Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person caused $650 in damage to the mailbox and a wooden post, reports state.

• Someone broke into and entered a laundry room and committed larceny at 1100 N.C. Highway 54 W. at 3:53 a.m. on Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole a coin machine, which was valued at $1,000, reports state.

The machine was later recovered.

• Someone tried to steal a motorcycle from a parking lot at 5639 Old Durham Road at 12:40 a.m. on Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person damaged a cable lock valued at $50, reports state.