UPDATE (Feb. 11 at 2:20 a.m.): Chapel Hill Police have released the names of the victims and suspect involved in Tuesday evening's triple homicide. 

More information is available here in an updated story. 

UPDATE (6:55 p.m.): Police confirmed that three people were shot and killed at Summerwalk Circle in Chapel Hill on Tuesday. 

Police responded to an initial call about gunshots in the area at 5:11 p.m. Tuesday. 

Chapel Hill Police have no reason to believe there is an ongoing threat to the public and officers are questioning a suspect, according to a press release from the department. The investigation is ongoing. 

The Daily Tar Heel's Twitter account is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please follow us on The Daily Tar Heel's Facebook page and dailytarheel.com for more information. 

UPDATE (6:37 p.m.): Student Body President Andrew Powell said Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Winston Crisp is working with Chapel Hill Police to alert students to the shooting. 

Powell said the shooting took place at Finley Forest Condominiums, which is largely home to families and graduate students. 

UPDATE (6:30 p.m.): Chapel Hill Police are responding to reports of a shooting at Summerwalk Circle, according to reports from ABC11. 

Summerwalk Circle is located behind the Friday Center.

A shooting occurred in Chapel Hill’s Meadowmont neighborhood Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill Police.

During a phone call at 6 p.m., Sgt. Stephen Seagroves said Chapel Hill police were just arriving on the scene and investigating the incident.

Seagroves could not confirm how many people were shot or injured.

No further details are available at this time. More information will be posted as it becomes available.