On Monday night, Marquise Williams had a dream.

The former North Carolina quarterback dreamed that he would prove his naysayers wrong and excel as a passer at UNC’s Pro Day.

When Williams awoke Tuesday, he knew the day was his.

“I dreamt that I was going to throw every ball that I needed to throw on the money,” he said.

As UNC’s career leader among quarterbacks in rushing touchdowns (35) and rushing yards (2,458), Williams’ versatility has never been in question.

But there has been speculation about Williams’ passing ability and how his style of play would translate at the next level.

“If I want to be compared to anybody, it would be Cam (Newton),” Williams said. “He was (also) criticized because he couldn’t throw the ball coming out of college.”

But Williams wanted to use Pro Day to remove any doubt about what he could do with his arm.

The former Tar Heel spent the past few months training with Tom Shaw at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., improving his skills and his NFL stock.

Williams and his teammates used their training to prepare for anything the scouts could have asked of them.

“It’s all about just being prepared and being ready to show my skills,” said tailback Romar Morris. “I just wanted to show the scouts that I can move, I can flow, I can function and I can perform.”

Williams trained alongside other NFL prospects — including former Alabama running back Derrick Henry and former Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott — focusing on improving himself as a passer.

And when it came time to spin it, Williams delivered strike after strike to his fellow Tar Heels.

The Charlotte native put on a show, mixing up his passes between short and intermediate routes and showing off the long ball.

“That was my main focus,” he said. “Just coming out here and letting the scouts know that I could do anything that other quarterbacks can do.

“Today, I proved that I can make any throw.”

The scouts were impressed with what they saw, praising Williams for his ball placement and improved footwork.

On Tuesday, Williams joined 12 other players who were not invited to the NFL combine, meaning Pro Day was their only chance to impress the scouts and prove what they could do.

"This is the biggest interview of my life,” said linebacker Jeff Schoettmer. “My goal, first and foremost, is to get to the next level, and (Pro Day) is a huge step towards that goal.”

Knowing this was his biggest opportunity, Williams shined when it mattered most. And despite being surrounded by NFL scouts, the quarterback said he didn’t let himself feel any pressure.

“I just looked at it like backyard football,” Williams said. “Because if I put pressure on myself, I would have just come out here and thrown the ball in the dirt.”

Now, with Pro Day behind him, Williams has a new dream — hearing his name called at the NFL Draft.

@_Brohammed