DTH Sports at a Glance

DTH Sports at a Glance: Calm your mind

Sitting in silence is not my strong suit.

In sixth grade, I was sentenced to detention for convincing my classmates to burst into simultaneous song in the middle of lecture. While detained, I taped my mouth shut in rebellion and clicked my tongue to the sound of the second hand.

Two years later, I was sequestered in a forest and told to "search my soul" via meditation. So instead, I belted animal noises through the trees to see how long they would echo.

Leslie Cloots is different. Before becoming a star for the women's golf team, she was a Belgian prospect trying to find her way in a foreign land.

But after learning the art of meditation, she's reinvented herself — both as a player and as a person.

Friday Feature

• In her time since moving from Antwerp, Belgium, Leslie Cloots has discovered how to calm her mind and ease her play on the golf course.

UNC football enters pivotal weekend

• This Saturday, North Carolina prepares for a clash with Miami that could decide the ACC Coastal Division champion.
  • The Tar Heels' running backs have cultivated a family bond this season.
  • The UNC defense is yet to record an interception — but it's not from a lack of talent.
  • This week's Film Review discusses how Hurricane Matthew sank the UNC offense.
  • In his weekly press conference, Coach larry fedora blamed the loss to Virginia tech squarely on the offense.

Stories from the week

• The women's lacrosse team came home Sunday to flooded cars in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew.
  • The men's basketball team is channeling heartbreak into motivation after losing the national title in April.
  • The men's soccer team relied on its first-year studs in a 7-0 beatdown of UNC-Asheville.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

@CJacksonCowart