Medium

I watched Game of Thrones for the first time and I don't know how to feel

Let me preface this by saying I hate being left out. 

It's genuinely a fear of mine brought on by middle school cliques and Disney Channel movies. 

So when everyone around me keeps talking about Game of Thrones and it is the only show I haven't caught on to, I hate it. I get panicky and swollen. I am literally allergic to not knowing what's going on. 

Last night, I decided it was time to meet Joffrey (which I didn't...). Here are my thoughts and #feelz. Feel free to mock me about being so late in the game! Actually, though, don't.

OK, so first I am surprised by how cold this show makes me feel. People keep saying "winter is coming" and there was snow and it's like -30 degrees in Chapel Hill right now. 

Mutilated bodies before we even hit the third minute. Pleasant. Everyone is already dying but I'm just like where's Kaleasy? 

Watching the opening credits for the first time is actually very exciting! I finally feel like a part of America again. 

Cut to a medieval kingdom I guess? Should I know the setting or time period? Also no one told me Boromir is in this. You guys didn't think that was important? I don't even know who you are anymore.

Again, where are Joffrey and Kallizii? Wait there's Jon Snow! I KNOW HIM.

There is so much going on!  Don't cry, Boromir. I'm so confused someonehelpme. But also tell Jon Snow to call me.

Daenerys (used IMDB for that) is a real cutie pie, but girl we know that isn't your natural hair color. She's at some weird tribal ceremony and the dancing does remind me of senior prom if I'm being honest. 

Breaking: the google just informed me that Daenerys IS Khaleesi. She is going to marry a warrior of some kind. His makeup looks like mine last Friday morning. Get it together, pal. 

I am overwhelmed with information. There are so many characters and already so much drama. The episode ended with the death of a small child. Who are you people?  

Moral of the story: this show is creepy and so gross and I'll probably be on season three by Sunday.