Medium

Watch 'Kazaam' so Shaq can make your worries go away

Everyone knows "Space Jam." Michael Jordan absolutely killed his first venture into acting in the 1996 family film featuring the Looney Tunes.

The same year, however, another NBA player made his transition from sport to screen. Shaquille O'Neal starred in Kazaam as the title character, a rapping genie who appears out of a classic '90s boombox and makes a small child wishes come true. 

Oscar-worthy cinema, I'd say.

"Kazaam" entered my life during the summer and has remained a major part of it. I find myself telling friends they "smell like hippopotamus butt" on the regular.

Here are six reasons why you should make the $2.99 Amazon Video investment and watch this cinematic masterpiece:

1) The soundtrack is #lit. As soon as the movie starts, you are transported back to a time when cassette tapes and hi-top fades roamed the Earth.

2) Max, the main character, is a gem. He's your typical fast-talking twelve-year-old who talks back to his mom and whose hair probably hasn't been properly washed in a longggg time. Max also possesses a unique skill that leads us to...

3) RAP BATTLE. That's right folks, you heard it here first, Shaq engages in a rap duel with a twelve-year-old boy. If that isn't worth the price of admission I don't know what is.

4) Shaq's fashion game is truly on fleek. We first meet Kazaam rocking a turban and flowy white pants. Trend. Setter.

5) Open to interpretation...and mockery. There are so many plot holes and just non-realistic story lines that open themselves up to much analysis and critique. Mockery is the sincerest form of flattery, amirite?

6) THE ENDING WILL LEAVE YOU WITH MUCH FEELS AND MANY EMOTION. No spoilers, but prepare yourself with a box of tissues and/or a throwing pillow.

If those reasons, don't get you pumped to watch some "Kazaam," I don't know what will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here, I'll make it easy for you.