Pit Talk

8 quick facts about Peyton Manning

Yesterday the football world said goodbye to one of the greatest players of this decade. Unfortunately, it was not Tom Brady. 

In his honor, I wore my Denver Broncos shirt to class today, and was subjected to many whispered "Go Panthers," yet I kept my head held high because Peyton Manning is super cool and I'm going to miss him.

After 18 years in the NFL, Peyton Manning, aka "The Sheriff", aka "P-Mannerz", retired from professional football. 

A side note about the nicknames — the first one is a legitimate nickname, the second is one I wish everyone would call him instead. 

Here is everything you need to know about the future hall-of-famer, according to SB Nation:

• He holds the NFL record for most career passing yards with 71,940.
  • He holds the NFL record for most career passing touchdowns with 539.
  • He has the most wins, including playoffs, with 200.
  • He is one of two quarterbacks to beat all 32 teams.
  • His younger brother, Eli, is the quarterback for the New York Giants.
  • He is first quarterback to win a Super Bowl with two different teams — the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLI and the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50.
  • There is no actual confirmation, but sources (Yahoo Answers) believe that his favorite color is orange.
  • He loves chicken parmesan, so much so that he serenades it to the tune of the Nationwide jingle: 

So here's to you, Peyton Manning. May your retirement be full of television football analysis jobs, car dealerships, advertisements for Wrangler jeans, and motivational speaking jobs. You've earned it.

via GIPHY